Friday, April 23, 2010

The First Week

It has been a difficult week, as you may have surmised, with our new puppy. There have also been plenty of cute and heart-warming moments, as well, but, for better or worse, we seem to be dwelling on our failures rather than our triumphs, lately.

Some positives that we should mention, however, include a solid couple of crate-training days for Parker. This includes a Thursday night during which he needed to be taken out only twice. As luck might have it, today brought some crate-training set backs, but we'll deal with those later. Other positives include two days this week in which Parker only had one accident each day. This is followed by today, in which he had a pair, but we'll deal with those, as I said, later. Also, Parker seems to be learning his magic "go" word pretty well. The last couple of mornings that I took him out, he did his business pretty much on cue. Good dog. And, finally, every one's first battery of roundworm medication was administered with no problems. Be gone parasitic helminths (I think that may be redundant)!

And then, I went away for the weekend. I left Lincoln this morning for a cousin's wedding. I felt bad leaving Monkey alone with the puppy, but we'd made such strides this week that I thought things would be okay. Apparently, Monkey had a rough day. I wish she had had a better day, especially since today is her birthday. I feel bad. She feels bad. Parker probably feels okay.

That's all I can tell you, for now. We'll let you know more when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment